transplantation is a surgical technique that
involves moving skin containing hair follicles from one part of the body
(the donor site) to bald or balding parts (the recipient site). It is
primarily used to treat male pattern baldness, whereby grafts containing
hair follicles that are genetically resistant to balding are
transplanted to bald scalp. However, it is also used to restore eye
lashes, eye brows, beard hair, and to fill in scars caused by accidents
and surgery such as face lifts and previous hair transplants.
Hair transplantation differs from skin grafting in that grafts contain almost all of the epidermis and dermis surrounding the hair follicle, and many tiny grafts are transplanted rather than a single strip of skin.
Since hair naturally grows in follicles that contain groupings of 1 to 4 hairs, today’s most advanced techniques transplant these naturally occurring 1 – 4 hair "follicular units" in their natural groupings. Thus modern hair transplantation can achieve a natural appearance by mimicking nature hair for hair. This recent hair transplant procedure is called "Follicular Unit Transplantation"
Why Some People Do Not Want To Have Hair Transplant Surgery
Hair transplant surgery is not for everyone. In fact, some people have been so disappointed and even angered about their results that they have filed class action lawsuits against hair transplant surgeons and clinics. There are several reasons they give for their dissatisfaction.
1. Underestimating Procedures. Certain surgeons and clinics underestimate the number of procedures necessary to achieve the desired effect. This leads people to have a false hope of having a full head of hair in a very short time. When this does not happen, they are understandably angry. They did not get what they were promised.
2. Underestimating Price. Surgeons usually do give some sort of estimate of the cost of the entire procedure of a hair transplant. A reputable surgeon will emphasize that it is only an estimate and that things may change once the procedures are started. Also, she will give an honest accounting of what she expects the procedure to cost.
An unscrupulous surgeon, on the other hand, will distort the facts about his hair transplant procedures. He will try to get the patient started by stating that the price will be very low. He will know all along that the procedures will cost much more, but he will lowball the price anyway just to get the patient started so that they have to finish.
3. Creating Scars. All hair transplant surgery will create small scars. Some people find them unacceptable. They want to wear their hair short, and they see the scar peeking out from under their hair, even if no one else does. Of course, there are also physicians with poor skills who create large scars and people who are prone to scarring. Hair transplant scars are a sore subject for man people.
4. Uneven Hairlines. Some people who have hair transplant surgery end up with uneven hairlines. This is caused by the oversight of negligent doctors. If a person gets to work with a reputable surgeon, things like this just do not happen. However, if someone has seen a person with this problem, it will likely turn them off to hair transplant surgery for good.
5. Old-Fashioned Plugs. People with the large plugs that look like doll's hair or toothbrush bristles are still around. While this type of hair transplant is rarely done anymore, the effects are still evident among people of a certain age. If someone who knows one of these people has a balding problem, they are not likely to think of hair transplants. The only way they would is if they have some other, good, experience with them.
Doctors Who Put Money above the Patients' Interest. Any doctors
who make decisions that are not based on the welfare of his patient are
following their Hippocratic Oath in its intentions. Doctors are held to
a high standard and when a surgeon tries to convince a patient to get
hair transplant surgery when it is not best for him, he is not really
acting as a doctor should. The horror stories are out there and many
people are aware of them.
There is a higher rate of suicide following hair transplant and other cosmetic surgeries. This is partly because the patients are disappointed that their lives do not miraculously change overnight. However, other reasons for their despair are poor results and unscrupulous doctors. People who are afraid of this misery are likely to bow out.
More ArticlesHair Transplant Procedures For Young Men
... for what may end up being lifelong treatment. When a young man gets a hair transplant procedure, it can avert many problems with low self esteem and lack of self confidence. With older men, these attitudes are already ingrained so that it takes some doing to change them. If the hair restoration is started ...
... up with more money than they can gather at one time. Some examples of financing options are credit cards, finance companies, and bank loans. Some finance companies are geared especially to people who are getting cosmetic surgery. They may offer loans with no proof of income, available within a day or ...
... ground-breaking. One way surgeons used to move the donor follicular units to the balding areas was by single strip harvesting. This is done by moving small strips of tissue containing follicular units. This method keeps the units intact and ready to transplant. Earlier methods such as mini-grafting and ...
... in for a check-up so that any problems can be corrected quickly. If that is not possible, at least plans can be made to correct them at a future time. The doctor will have done his job with the hair transplant procedure at this point. All that remains is periodic checkups. If the hair loss is extensive, ...
... that stage. If this is the case, your surgeon will know what to expect. Then, he can take "bald-proof" hair from the sides and back of your head as donor hair and perform the hair transplant. If you have lost your hair because of some kind of trauma or burns, you will also make a good candidate for hair ...
Hair Transplant - Link Partners
Recommend this site to a Friend
Main Index or Home Page
- ALTERNATIVE ENERGY
- GLOBAL WARMING -
HAIR TRANSPLANT - LASIK - SECURITY CAMERAS
SOLAR POWER - TEEN WEIGHT LOSS
Also ... from Amazon.com
To find out all you ever
wanted to know about:
HAIR TRANSPLANT - CLICK HERE
IF YOU CAN'T FIND THE
INFORMATION OR THE PRODUCT
THAT YOUR LOOKING FOR - CHECK OUT THE CLICKBANK CATALOGUE
Over 10,000 Products to Choose From!
to Business - Health
& Fitness - Home
Computing & Internet - Money & Employment - Marketing & Ads
Fun & Entertainment - Sports & Recreation - Society & Culture
Mail Order Products
If you're into Niche Resale
Rights Products then check out my
other eBooks Site
which has 120 + different eBook Packages and still growing.
Quantity in 'Master
Resale Rights Products'
100 + Separate Packages for you to choose from!
The Ultimate Recipe
Collection [COOK BOOKS]
CURRENTLY  DIFFERENT RECIPE E-BOOKS ON THIS PAGE
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE LIST
Dunway Enterprises || Dunway Sitemap
WebMaster & Site Design by Ken Dunn
Dunway's Network of Joint Venture Sites
CLICK HERE TO SEND MAIL
Copyright [c] Dunway Enterprises
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Copyright © All Rights Reserved
DUNWAY.COM - DUNWAY.BIZ - DUNWAY.INFO - DUNWAY.US - DUNWAY.ORG
Hair Transplant Articles