transplantation is a surgical technique that
involves moving skin containing hair follicles from one part of the body
(the donor site) to bald or balding parts (the recipient site). It is
primarily used to treat male pattern baldness, whereby grafts containing
hair follicles that are genetically resistant to balding are
transplanted to bald scalp. However, it is also used to restore eye
lashes, eye brows, beard hair, and to fill in scars caused by accidents
and surgery such as face lifts and previous hair transplants.
Hair transplantation differs from skin grafting in that grafts contain almost all of the epidermis and dermis surrounding the hair follicle, and many tiny grafts are transplanted rather than a single strip of skin.
Since hair naturally grows in follicles that contain groupings of 1 to 4 hairs, today’s most advanced techniques transplant these naturally occurring 1 – 4 hair "follicular units" in their natural groupings. Thus modern hair transplantation can achieve a natural appearance by mimicking nature hair for hair. This recent hair transplant procedure is called "Follicular Unit Transplantation"
What Are the Side Effects of Hair Transplant Surgery?
A person with balding problems can gain a great deal of confidence by having hair transplant surgery. The procedure is a fairly easy one for the patient. However, there are some minor complications or side effects that sometimes come with the surgery.
1. Thinning. If you have hair transplant surgery, you might be alarmed if you notice that the hair you already did have is getting thinner. This is a normal post-operative condition. The thickness comes back within a few months after surgery. It will be just as full as it ever was.
2. Bleeding. The hair transplant surgery will likely cause some bleeding. If you put pressure on the area, the bleeding will usually stop. In rare situations, the bleeding does not stop this way. In that case, it might be necessary for the surgeon to do some extra stitching to close the wounds.
3. Pain. There is actually very little pain with hair transplant surgery. About half of the people who have the procedure done will not need any pain relievers at all. Most others take a mild pain reliever such as Tylenol for a few days, and that seems to be enough for them.
4. Itching. It is not unusual for itching to occur on areas affected by hair transplant surgery. Yet, it should not last more than a few days. If you use shampoo and wash the hair every day, it helps with the problem.
5. Swelling. Almost everyone who has hair transplant surgery has swelling in the forehead and around the eyes. This lasts for only a few days, the worst being about the fourth day. Some people exhibit a black eye as a result.
6. Numbness. A hair transplant patient will feel numbness for several weeks after the surgery. It is almost a given. However, it is usually only temporary.
7. Hiccups. Interestingly enough, one side effect of hair transplant surgery is having the hiccups after the procedure. Only about 5% of the patients have this problem, but it can be troublesome if it lasts more than a few days. It can keep you from eating or sleeping properly. Doctors have medications they can prescribe to help with this.
8. Infections. Infections are rare with hair transplant surgery, but they can happen. One reason they do not happen more is that antibiotics are given before and after the procedure to prevent infections from even starting.
Cysts. Cysts can come up in the areas where the hair is being
transplanted to, also called the recipient areas. The cysts do not
usually last more than a few weeks and are rarely more than the size of
10. Scarring. If you have keloid scarring after hair transplant surgery, it is probably because you are genetically inclined to have it. Very infrequently, patients have scarring that takes the form of ridges.
The side effects of hair transplant surgery are not particularly difficult for the person who has them. They are more like minor inconveniences for most people. The most important thing about them is that nearly all of them will be gone in just a few weeks.
More ArticlesMaking The Decision To Have Hair Transplant Surgery
... need to do something. This kind of thinking can distract you from enjoying the good things in life. It can also mean that you are not fully focused on the activity you are engaged in at the time. This could go so far as being dangerous. 2. Have I lost confidence at work because of my hair loss? It is ...
... method where 15-25 hairs were grafted in a round plug pattern. These plugs were both conspicuous and unsightly. They looked quite unnatural; if a person had hair plugs, everyone knew it. They were not only unbecoming, they were also permanent. Improvements were made in hair transplant surgery in the 1980s. ...
... a quite natural appearance. The hair emerges from the scalp in the most natural way, with the same number of hairs that nature intended. If the procedure is done correctly, no one can tell the difference. Natural looking hairlines have been difficult to achieve with hair transplant surgery. Micro grafts ...
... make the procedure go better. If you follow instructions, you will have a much better outcome. When the doctor sees you a couple of weeks before surgery day, she will go over again exactly what procedure you are getting. The surgery will be explained to you in detail so that it will be fresh in your mind ...
... Research for Hair Transplant Procedures The future of hair transplant procedures is in the laboratories at this very time. Scientists are working together to find a way to make the surgery work for more people. They also want to see it work better for the types of people who have hair transplants today. ...
Hair Transplant - Link Partners
Recommend this site to a Friend
Main Index or Home Page
- ALTERNATIVE ENERGY
- GLOBAL WARMING -
HAIR TRANSPLANT - LASIK - SECURITY CAMERAS
SOLAR POWER - TEEN WEIGHT LOSS
Also ... from Amazon.com
To find out all you ever
wanted to know about:
HAIR TRANSPLANT - CLICK HERE
IF YOU CAN'T FIND THE
INFORMATION OR THE PRODUCT
THAT YOUR LOOKING FOR - CHECK OUT THE CLICKBANK CATALOGUE
Over 10,000 Products to Choose From!
to Business - Health
& Fitness - Home
Computing & Internet - Money & Employment - Marketing & Ads
Fun & Entertainment - Sports & Recreation - Society & Culture
Mail Order Products
If you're into Niche Resale
Rights Products then check out my
other eBooks Site
which has 120 + different eBook Packages and still growing.
Quantity in 'Master
Resale Rights Products'
100 + Separate Packages for you to choose from!
The Ultimate Recipe
Collection [COOK BOOKS]
CURRENTLY  DIFFERENT RECIPE E-BOOKS ON THIS PAGE
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE LIST
Dunway Enterprises || Dunway Sitemap
WebMaster & Site Design by Ken Dunn
Dunway's Network of Joint Venture Sites
CLICK HERE TO SEND MAIL
Copyright [c] Dunway Enterprises
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Copyright © All Rights Reserved
DUNWAY.COM - DUNWAY.BIZ - DUNWAY.INFO - DUNWAY.US - DUNWAY.ORG
Hair Transplant Articles