transplantation is a surgical technique that
involves moving skin containing hair follicles from one part of the body
(the donor site) to bald or balding parts (the recipient site). It is
primarily used to treat male pattern baldness, whereby grafts containing
hair follicles that are genetically resistant to balding are
transplanted to bald scalp. However, it is also used to restore eye
lashes, eye brows, beard hair, and to fill in scars caused by accidents
and surgery such as face lifts and previous hair transplants.
Hair transplantation differs from skin grafting in that grafts contain almost all of the epidermis and dermis surrounding the hair follicle, and many tiny grafts are transplanted rather than a single strip of skin.
Since hair naturally grows in follicles that contain groupings of 1 to 4 hairs, today’s most advanced techniques transplant these naturally occurring 1 – 4 hair "follicular units" in their natural groupings. Thus modern hair transplantation can achieve a natural appearance by mimicking nature hair for hair. This recent hair transplant procedure is called "Follicular Unit Transplantation"
Making the Decision to Have Hair Transplant Surgery
Having hair transplant surgery is a big step. The decision does not come easily to most people. There are many aspects of your life that are affected by your choice to have or not to have the procedure done. There are several questions to ask yourself.
1. Do I think about my hair all the time? If you cannot think of anything but how your balding head looks, it is a good indication that you need to do something. This kind of thinking can distract you from enjoying the good things in life. It can also mean that you are not fully focused on the activity you are engaged in at the time. This could go so far as being dangerous.
2. Have I lost confidence at work because of my hair loss? It is possible to become so attentive to your balding problems that you feel that others look down on you at work. If you can maintain your self confidence, that will probably not be the case at all. However, if you feel inferior when you are dealing with new customers or clients, you will likely not do well at your job. A hair transplant procedure could help your career.
3. How do I feel about my hair in social situations? If you are constantly thinking about your hair loss when you are with friends or colleagues, your social life will suffer. You will find it hard to carry on conversations with others on an equal level if your baldness is an issue. Hair transplant surgery can help you get back in the loop.
4. Do I spend too much time at the mirror? This is an interesting question, because one would think that looking in the mirror would be more a problem of people who have already had hair transplant surgery. Actually, quite the opposite is true. When people are concerned about balding, they spend much time looking into a mirror to double-check and re-comb their hair to make it look like it covers more of their heads.
5. Do I feel comfortable around the opposite sex? People who have serious balding issues often feel as if members of the opposite sex look at them with contempt. These people do not strike up conversations with the opposite sex or seek them out. It is only with drastic measures, such as counselling, that these people can get past their timidity. Hair transplant surgery can give them more confidence as well.
6. Will having hair transplant surgery change anything? You have to look long and hard at your life to answer this question. You have to determine whether the baldness is really the problem or not.
The issues may be too deep for a cosmetic procedure to fix. In this case, you will have to decide if the hair transplant surgery will be worth it. On the other hand, the surgery might be just that extra something that gives you the incentive to learn to deal with your problems.
More ArticlesStyling Secrets Of Hair Transplant
... transplant patients. Do not be discouraged if they all seem to have the same plain haircut in the after pictures. This is often the case when the doctor is trying to be truthful. He will have the patients pose with their hair sans hair styling products like mousse or gel. This is to prevent you from getting ...
... wide variance is mainly because the price per graft decreases the more grafts you have done. Often, the price per hair transplant session is quoted. This may be a lunchtime session. For example, 200 grafts may be done in a short session for $2000. That equals $10 per graft, of course, but you are getting ...
... intelligent answers. He will also try to find out what your goals are to see if they are realistic. 6. Keep it realistic. If the doctor says the hair transplant will cost an exorbitant amount of time or money, be wary. You should have a basic idea of the going rates before you make this decision. On the ...
... to cover a balding area is 25% of the original hair that was there. You can move up or down from this figure according to your other factors such as thickness, curliness, or color. Then, you can use this number to figure up the grafts needed. Based on the fact that the average Caucasian male has a density ...
... can benefit greatly from hair transplant surgery if it is right for you. Do not give up on it until you talk to a surgeon. If your surgeon says that you are not a good candidate for hair transplant surgery, you may want to get a second opinion. However, if you are a good candidate for the procedure, it ...
Hair Transplant - Link Partners
Recommend this site to a Friend
Main Index or Home Page
- ALTERNATIVE ENERGY
- GLOBAL WARMING -
HAIR TRANSPLANT - LASIK - SECURITY CAMERAS
SOLAR POWER - TEEN WEIGHT LOSS
Also ... from Amazon.com
To find out all you ever
wanted to know about:
HAIR TRANSPLANT - CLICK HERE
IF YOU CAN'T FIND THE
INFORMATION OR THE PRODUCT
THAT YOUR LOOKING FOR - CHECK OUT THE CLICKBANK CATALOGUE
Over 10,000 Products to Choose From!
to Business - Health
& Fitness - Home
Computing & Internet - Money & Employment - Marketing & Ads
Fun & Entertainment - Sports & Recreation - Society & Culture
Mail Order Products
If you're into Niche Resale
Rights Products then check out my
other eBooks Site
which has 120 + different eBook Packages and still growing.
Quantity in 'Master
Resale Rights Products'
100 + Separate Packages for you to choose from!
The Ultimate Recipe
Collection [COOK BOOKS]
CURRENTLY  DIFFERENT RECIPE E-BOOKS ON THIS PAGE
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE LIST
Dunway Enterprises || Dunway Sitemap
WebMaster & Site Design by Ken Dunn
Dunway's Network of Joint Venture Sites
CLICK HERE TO SEND MAIL
Copyright [c] Dunway Enterprises
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Copyright © All Rights Reserved
DUNWAY.COM - DUNWAY.BIZ - DUNWAY.INFO - DUNWAY.US - DUNWAY.ORG
Hair Transplant Articles