is a brain development disorder characterized by impaired social
interaction and communication, and by restricted and repetitive behavior.
These signs all begin before a child is three years old. The autism
spectrum disorders (ASD) also include related conditions with milder
signs and symptoms.
Autism has a strong genetic basis, although the genetics of autism are complex and it is unclear whether ASD is explained more by multigene interactions or by rare mutations. In rare cases, autism is strongly associated with agents that cause birth defects. Other proposed causes, such as childhood vaccines, are controversial, and the vaccine hypotheses lack any convincing scientific evidence. The prevalence of ASD is about 6 per 1,000 people, with about four times as many boys as girls. The number of people known to have autism has increased dramatically since the 1980s, partly due to changes in diagnostic practice; the question of whether actual prevalence has increased is unresolved.
Autism affects many parts of the brain; how this occurs is not understood. Parents usually notice signs in the first two years of their child's life. Although early behavioral or cognitive intervention can help children gain self-care, social, and communication skills, there is no known cure. Few children with autism live independently after reaching adulthood, but some become successful, and an autistic culture has developed, with some seeking a cure and others believing that autism is a condition rather than a disorder.
With all the recent publicity of Autism in the news you might be wondering what are the signs of Autism. Here are a list of signs that can be associated to Autism. If you see these signs in your child speak to their doctor about having them evaluated. The sooner that Autism is discovered the better the chances are at treating it.
1. Does not reach developmental milestones on time. Each child develops differently. Some children will crawl at four months while others will not until they are several months older. This can be perfectly normal. The problem starts when every milestone is much later than usual. If your child is not meeting the developmental stages talk with their doctor.
2. Child does not talk. Children learn to talk at different ages. Some will start talking very young while others will just start blurting out whole sentences one day. This can be very normal. However if your child does not have any babbling type talk by the age of one this could be a cause for concern. Most children will says some words by the time they are sixteen months. If your child is not ask their doctor if they think an evaluation is necessary.
3. No eye contact. Most babies and children will look at you when you are talking to them. Autistic children will often not give you eye contact. It will appear they are looking off into a daze instead of paying attention to you. They will not point to objects. They will not look at something you are trying to show them. Instead they look past it.
4. Child does not show emotion. Autistic children often do not show any emotion. They do not smile back when a person smiles at them. They do not show any cares when someone around them is expressing pain, or crying. The Autistic child does not usually like to be held or cuddled. They will not reach up for their parents to hold them.
5. Likes to play by their self. The Autistic child usually will play alone. They feel more comfortable being by them self. They have a hard time making friends. They do not know how to relate to other kids. They do not understand when another child is joking with them. They take everything said to them literally.
6. The child loses skills the knew. The child may have learned to talk and then it seems as if they forgot how. They can learn a new skill and then a week later have no idea how to do it. Autistic children often lose skills they have learned.
are just a few of the signs of Autism. If you notice any of them in your
children talk to their doctor. All children with Autism will not have
every sign. Getting them diagnosed as soon as possible will allow
treatment to begin sooner. Getting your child evaluated as soon as you
suspect a problem is very important. Even if there is nothing wrong it
is better to be safe. The earlier treatment can be started the better
for the child.
More ArticlesCan Autism Be Cured
... misleading you. Autism has no cure. There are lots of treatments that can make living with Autism easier. Here are some of the treatments that help with Autism. Therapies There are several types of therapies that can help with the treatment of Autism. Occupational, physical, behavioural, speech, music, ...
... when the child eats a food with Gluten it causes their body to react differently than a child without Autism. The Gluten free diet can be expensive to follow. Most Gluten free products are sold in specialty, or health stores. These stores usually charge a much higher price. Some major grocery stores are ...
... children with low muscle tone. They also work with young children on basic motor skills. This can include walking, standing, and rolling. Many Autistic children can have other health problems. These problems can benefit from physical therapy too. Behavioural Therapy - Behavioural therapy will concentrate ...
... for accidents. If your child has an accident remind them that is what the potty is for. Make sure everyone working with the child knows this too. Mixed messages will not help. 5. Find out what your child's schedule is. It does not take long to do this. When during the day are your child's diapers dirty? ...
... the body much faster than the Gluten. Gluten can take ten months or more to be completely removed from the body. Following a Casein free diet can be expensive. Most milk replacements cost double the price of regular milk. Not all stores will carry the dairy free products. They can usually be found at ...
Autism - Link Partners
Recommend this site to a Friend
Main Index or Home Page
- ALTERNATIVE ENERGY
- GLOBAL WARMING -
HAIR TRANSPLANT - LASIK - SECURITY CAMERAS
SOLAR POWER - TEEN WEIGHT LOSS
Also ... from Amazon.com
TO FIND OUT ALL ABOUT AUTISM - CLICK HERE
IF YOU CAN'T FIND THE
INFORMATION OR THE PRODUCT
THAT YOUR LOOKING FOR - CHECK OUT THE CLICKBANK CATALOGUE
Over 10,000 Products to Choose From!
to Business - Health
& Fitness - Home
Computing & Internet - Money & Employment - Marketing & Ads
Fun & Entertainment - Sports & Recreation - Society & Culture
Mail Order Products
If you're into Niche Resale
Rights Products then check out my
other eBooks Site
which has 120 + different eBook Packages and still growing.
Quantity in ... 'Master
Resale Rights Products'
100 + Separate Packages for you to choose from!
The Ultimate Recipe
Collection [COOK BOOKS]
CURRENTLY  DIFFERENT RECIPE E-BOOKS ON THIS PAGE
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE LIST
Dunway Enterprises || Dunway Sitemap
WebMaster & Site Design by Ken Dunn
Dunway's Network of Joint Venture Sites
CLICK HERE TO SEND MAIL
Copyright [c] Dunway Enterprises
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Copyright © All Rights Reserved
DUNWAY.COM - DUNWAY.BIZ - DUNWAY.INFO - DUNWAY.US - DUNWAY.ORG